Today, I am challenged to write a poem in the form of a poetry prompt. The poet Mathias Svalina has been writing surrealist prompt-poems for quite a while, posting them to Instagram. You can find examples here, and here, and here.
For my prompt-poem, I wrote a set that I would be keen to read, and what I usually start conversations with when I am texting people.
- Your fondest childhood possession,
- Your happiest childhood memory,
- The walk you took last week,
- The breakfast you ate this morning,
- That disturbed night of sleep,
- Your biggest fear,
- The smallest inconvenience,
- The shapes you see on ink-blots and in clouds,
- The adjectives you identify yourself in,