I think it’s far more accurate to label this as a weekly blog where I decide to post 7 things at one go, rather than a daily blog where I’m consistently posting things. Either way, writing is something (a) I’m still enjoying a fair amount, and (b) People are still reading. While the latter has never mattered to me, the fact that it happens is always nice. I will never get used to responding to people who tell me about my blog in person, but that’s for another day.
Examination schedules really need to ensure exams end on a Friday, and not on a Monday. This is for a variety of reasons.
- Kids who end exams on a Friday get the weekend to chill.
- Nobody has the motivation or the energy to study for 2 whole days for a midsemester examination when it’s the weekend.
- Everyone’s sleep cycle is messed up during exams, so providing them with a weekend to recover is excellent.
- Students will not waste one set of black & white formals for 2 hours of a written examination.
- Monday blues will not hit students.
- Nobody will have to go to class immediately the day after finishing exams.
- People can go home if they so desire.
As you can tell, my grouse is predominantly that I didn’t get a weekend after the exam ended. And this isn’t the exam department’s fault. Things were out of their control.
That doesn’t mean I can’t rant about it.
In other news it’s been almost 15 days since I last went to the gym.